Minutes Published: Minutes of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan meeting held on Wednesday 28th October 2015

STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Minutes of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan Directors Meeting held on Wednesday 28 October 2015, 7.30pm at The Boardroom, Stone Pavilion, Hayes Road, Stone DA9 9DS

 

DIRECTORS PRESENT:      P Winchester (Chairman), J Burrell, K Elliott, C Olney, C Pearce, J Schofield, S Thredgle and V Winchester

 

IN ATTENDANCE:                E Mote – Council Coordinator for Stone Parish Council

 

VISITORS:                             S Brindley – Crossways Community Church

Rev K Clark – St Mary the Virgin Stone Parish Church

M Mitchell – Stone Parish Council

  

52/10/15NP:    APOLOGIES 

Apologies for absence were received from G Johnson, J Mote and J Thomas.

 

53/10/15NP:    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

No declarations of interest were received.

 

54/10/15NP:    TO APPROVE MINUTES OF THE STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN DIRECTORS MEETINGS HELD ON TUESDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2015

The minutes were approved by the committee in principle following clarification of procedure for new Directors.

 

55/10/15NP:    TO DISCUSS ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT ON THE AGENDA

There were no matters arising from the previous minutes.

 

56/10/15NP:   PROCEDURE

  • To consider applications/nominations for new Directors and resolve appointments as appropriate

The Chairman welcomed the meetings’ visitors and gave a brief background to previously agreed and discussed Director nomination process. Three visitors wished to be nominated as Directors and following formal appointment from the group, were welcomed to the project.  The Chairman confirmed that details of any further nominations received would be circulated to directors for deliberation and proposed for appointment at a subsequent meeting.

 

The Chairman asked that any Directors who have not attended the last three meetings be contacted to reconfirm their positions on the Neighbourhood Plan.

 

Rev K Clark requested introductions around the table.

 

  • To approve proposed calendar of meetings for 2016

Due to Director commitment outside the Neighbourhood Plan, some members stated they would prefer the calendar to be revised and re-presented at the November meeting with a preference for Mondays rather than Tuesdays for meetings. It was also agreed that forthcoming dates for subsequent meetings be provided for three monthly periods at a time only.

 

57/10/15NP:    SCOPE & CONTENT OF NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

  • To discuss response to October Public Consultation Events and Neighbourhood Plan survey and resolve further activity required

Members noted a healthier attendance at the Judo Club compared with earlier consultations at Stone Pavilion and were encouraged with the public’s engagement with the process. The Parish Council reported consultation activities would be provided to visitors of their Tea & Cake Morning on Friday 30 October together with an introduction from the chairman.

 

  • To resolve areas for further exploration following public consultation

Members discussed possible ways to draw in more survey responses and J Schofield, S Brindley and K Clark would work together to support survey completion via their respective communities.  KC proposed targeting schools and Stone Crossing station commuters in order to encourage survey completion.  The three church representatives volunteered to pass relevant information onto their respective groups.

 

The Chairman will speak to local schools regarding parent participation. JB/CP will cover public houses and shops in the local area.

 

Visitors to the consultation events expressed an interest in receiving updated information if they did not have internet access.  It was agreed that updates via the Parish newsletter would hopefully be sufficient for those residents to receive relevant information.

 

KE will look into other council’s plans along with the office providing information on policies.  This is to enable a template for the Stone Neighbourhood Plan.

 

  • To note DBC Cabinet discussion and decisions relating to Stone Lodge and Stone Pit II

JB provided the group with an update following the DBC Cabinet meeting. He reported that in relation to a potential enabling housing development on the site of 25%, Members had expressed their desire that a minimum of 75% of the overall Stone Lodge site be reserved for leisure, recreation and community uses.

 

With regard to the Stone Pit II development, he acknowledged inclusion a school on the site and acknowledged this was provided for in current outline plans.

 

58/10/15NP:   COMMUNICATIONS 

  • To receive details regarding forthcoming Neighbourhood Plan seminar and determine Director attendance

Members were informed of Neighbourhood Plan training being offered by Kent Design on 16 December.  The seminar is a half day event being held in Ashford and it was confirmed spaces may be booked by Directors and payment would be allocated from grant funding already received.  Members wishing to participate were confirmed as J Burrell; V Winchester; P Winchester; K Elliott and J Schofield.  The office will determine times and content of the course and confirm details to participating Directors. Members not present will be notified of the details in order to provide an opportunity for attendance.

 

59/10/15NP:    TO CONCLUDE ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA

To review policy and plan documentation to determine format prior to first draft submission.

 

There being no further business The Chairman thanked those present for their attendance and closed the meeting at 20:53.

2021-03-23T13:13:29+00:00

Title

Go to Top