Minutes Published: Minutes of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan Directors meeting held on Monday 17th October 2016

STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Minutes of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan Directors Meeting held on Monday 17 October 2016, 7.30pm at the Boardroom, Stone Pavilion, Hayes Road, Stone DA9 9DS

 

DIRECTORS PRESENT: P Winchester (Chairman), D Bartlett, S Brindley, K Clark, M Mitchell, C Olney, J Thomas and V Winchester

 

VISITORS:                   R Jones – Land Logical

 

IN ATTENDANCE:         V Winchester – Director

 

 

139/10/16NP:    APOLOGIES 

Apologies for absence were received from J Burrell, R Hogg, J Schofield, G Johnson, C Pearce and S Thredgle. The Chairman raised the issue of quorum requirements due to sporadic attendance of Directors. The Chairman confirmed he will contact Directors who haven’t attended the last three meetings to remind them of requirements in Terms of Reference.

 

140/10/16NP:    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

No declarations of interest were received.

 

141/10/16NP:    TO APPROVE MINUTES OF THE STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN DIRECTORS MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2016   

Directors approved the minutes of the meeting held on Monday 26 September 2016 as presented.

 

142/10/16NP:    TO DISCUSS ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT ON THE AGENDA

There were no matters arising.

 

143/10/16NP:    SCOPE & CONTENT OF NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

  1. To note submission by Parish Council to modify the Stone Neighbourhood Plan Area following amendments to regulations implemented on 1 October 2016

Stone Parish Council Members recently unanimously agreed to enlarge the NP area to incorporate the whole of the parish. The Thames Europort site now has residential zoning. Dartford Borough Council has been presented with request for expansion.

 

  1. To receive revised Neighbourhood Plan consultation following working party review

A review by the Neighbourhood Plan working party (JT, GJ & VW) has taken place to reduce and simplify consultation objectives. In some cases, to make proposals more specific while others were reworded to aid clarification.

 

Directors agreed the need for technical input to ensure clarity of policy and objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan to ensure it meets basic conditions at inspection stage.

 

Enlargement of the Neighbourhood Area boundary adds some additional complexity to the process which should entitle the group to qualify for technical support to assess site options, receive urban design guidance and assist with evidence base & policy review.

 

JT reported the need to seek further advice regarding the LPA’s approach in respect of air quality and traffic.

 

The Chairman reiterated that the current objective was to obtain technical support to enable revision of consultation in line with policy objectives as soon as possible.

 

JT agreed to contact AECOM to clarify the situation and inform Directors of her findings. The next meeting of the council will be held on 9 November at which time clarification can be sought in respect of supplementary funding should the need arise.

 

  1. To discuss proposed health provision in Stone Neighbourhood Development Plan

R Jones from Land Logical reported on his recent meeting with a representative from the Clinical Commissioning Group, who had indicated a positive response to the proposal of a health centre at on potential land at the corner of Stone Pit 1.

 

Directors agreed the location was appropriate and would contribute to the overall objective to enhance the Horns Cross neighbourhood centre.

 

  1. To note National Association of Local Councils Parliamentary briefing in respect of Neighbourhood Planning Bill

JT confirmed that proposals in the forthcoming Neighbourhood Planning Bill included provision for enhanced funding at parish council level for areas with a Neighbourhood Plan under adoption.

 

The Chairman queried a recent High Court case which undermined a Neighbourhood Development Plan following challenge by a developer. JT provided the meeting with background on this situation and confirmed that there were examples where Neighbourhood Plans had been undermined by Secretary of State rulings but that, equally, the Secretary had also rejected planning applications for failing to accord with the Neighbourhood Plan and that, while it was helpful to be mindful of such rulings, each case had overriding circumstances resulting in those outcomes.

 

144/10/16NP:    FINANCE

  • To approve expenditure for consultant review of consultation materials

It was confirmed that funds currently stand at £5,382 and agreed that engagement of a consultant would depend largely on the decision on the recent application for technical support.

 

145/10/16NP:    TO CONCLUDE ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA

Directors proposed an interim meeting for 7 November to discuss the outcome of recent applications, ahead of the parish council meeting to be held on 9 November.

The Chairman thanked those present for their attendance before closing the meeting.

2021-03-23T13:03:06+00:00

Title

Go to Top