Minutes Published: Meeting of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan Directors meeting held on Monday 18th April 2016

STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

 

Minutes of the Stone Parish Neighbourhood Plan Directors Meeting held on Monday 18 April 2016, 7.30pm at the Boardroom, Stone Pavilion, Hayes Road, Stone DA9 9DS

 

DIRECTORS PRESENT: P Winchester (Chairman), D Bartlett, J Dhesi, K Elliott, R Hogg, G Johnson, M Mitchell, J Thomas and V Winchester

 

IN ATTENDANCE: E Mote – Council Coordinator for Stone Parish Council

 

 

99/04/16NP:    APOLOGIES 

Apologies for absence were received from S Brindley, J Mote, C Pearce, C Michaelas, J Burrell, S Thredgle, K Clarke and J Schofield.

 

100/04/16NP:  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

No declarations of interest were received.

 

101/04/16NP:  TO APPROVE MINUTES OF THE STONE PARISH NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN DIRECTORS MEETINGS HELD ON MONDAY 21 MARCH 2016

Directors resolved to approve the minutes for the meeting held on Monday 21 March 2016 as presented. Members noted that VW, JT, GJ and CO had all agreed to work with local schools in respect of the forthcoming public consultation.

 

102/04/16NP:  TO DISCUSS ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT ON THE AGENDA

There were no matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting.

 

The Chairman welcomed landowner N Katz of Land Logical who presented the meeting with an update regarding Stone Pit I, the details of which were noted by those present.

 

103/04/16NP: SCOPE & CONTENT OF NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

  • To receive Director feedback in respect of appointed objectives for inclusion in the draft plan

The Chairman asked members to provide further information regarding individual briefs previously concluded.

 

Tree Planting

Further investigation has resulted in the apparent high level of objectives required to substantiate taking this section of the plan forward.  VW requested feedback on what was considered to be the ultimate goal for this topic area. It was agreed that seeking the advice of a consultant would be the most practical option.  Examples of other neighbourhood plan tree planting projects were offered by RH together with factual evidence of the benefits of planting. The meeting concluded it would also be beneficial to look at other approved neighbourhood plans to examine the content of successful projects.

 

Members discussed the possibility of council staff maintaining trees via use of council budget income generated by the neighbourhood plan.

 

It was confirmed that up-to-date research is required to build the case further.

 

JT is in contact with the borough council to try to ascertain details of the tree officer.  Once this information has been provided JT will check on the following categories:

  • Heritage trees previously used as part of approved neighbourhood plans
  • Suitable trees which help combat air pollution
  • Trees currently protected and recommended for use
  • Air Quality Management Area summaries
  • Public health statistics

 

RH & VW will then process the information received from the tree officer and fill in any variances not covered.

 

Health Authorities

GJ reported that despite his best efforts to meet with a representative of the local health authority this had not yet taken place.  He will persevere and report findings to Directors ahead of the May meeting.

 

Schools

PW reported that KC was in the process of contacting both Stone St Mary’s and Gateway schools.  PW had been in contact with The Brent School and was awaiting a reply. JT confirmed that the youth consultation questionnaire needed to be tailored to the relevant age groups before being finalised.

 

Small Businesses

PW confirmed that a brief questionnaire containing 5 questions had been composed. It is in the final stages of completion prior to production and distribution.  PW reported on behalf of himself and JM that they would be encouraging on-line replies as well as hard copy versions.

 

It is the intention of both Directors to apply the survey to two small local businesses to gain initial response prior to progressing.

 

Youth

Members confirmed that various youth groups need to be approached in order to ascertain a complete picture of requirements.

 

GJ and KE will work collaboratively on this project.  GJ confirmed he would no longer work on the school’s area in favour of progressing the youth aspect.

 

Heritage Sites

The Chairman confirmed that CP, in her absence, was still investigating local heritage sites.

 

  • To discuss details for next stage of public consultation

JT gave an overview in respect of the current situation with regard to the Maptionnaire questions.  As previously discussed the youth element will need tailoring in order to make it age appropriate.

 

Costings for an enhanced Maptionnaire software package were provided with a total spend of €1,500 (equivalent to £1,200) and being the amount already previously resolved by members.  This slightly higher than original budget amount of €1,200 (£1,000) would offer more flexibility than the previous package.  The extra €300 left would hopefully include 2 months’ license use. JT will speak to the software provider in respect of securing an alternative and more suitable package option.

 

Following research by JT the need to engage with younger residents for their part of the consultation via the relevant medium was noted. The 13+ age group have a requirement to respond as a whole group, via currently preferred social media sites, as indications show a low response rate to consultation carried out previously. Members resolved to go to current established groups and ask what areas of concern they may have.

 

The chairman then confirmed the timetable leading to submission of the plan, which would entail the draft being submitted to Dartford Borough Council be the end of July 2016 and being reliant on a four-week period of consultation in May followed by four weeks with the consultant.  DBC have a neighbourhood consultation period of between 28 and 40 weeks following submission.

 

The budget of £1,000 agreed for the promotional video would take the form of 25 second segments for each category with subtitles included.  Using an in-house method with office staff filming and editing the production, costs would be saved and could be alternatively used for relevant advertising.

 

VW, CO, GJ and KE will arrange to meet in order to finalise the Maptionnaire youth questionnaire. JT and KE will coordinate the date for this.

 

104/04/16NP: CONCLUDE ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA

To review timetable in respect of draft submission.

 

The Chairman thanked those present for their attendance and closed the meeting at 21:09.

2021-03-23T13:09:00+00:00

Title

Go to Top